Sunday, June 22, 2008

So...


Well... this is the first post...well i guess the first thing to do is talk about my wedding...

March 08,2008 just happens to be the BEST day in the world. It is the day that i got to be married to my best friend and have him near me for ever. I must admit that the day before (March 07,2008)- not so nice a day... lots of stress (sorry Matt), lots of yelling (sorry Megen) and a little bit of tears (sorry Becca).

We had worked from 1400 hrs to 2200 hours on our canopy top and it was looking fantastic and then POP!! Down came one side... i was done. It was ruined. I kept up a brave face and decided to go to the good old fashion Wal-Mart and see if they had the one clippy thingy that could save us all. And they didn't have it... so I did what any logical exhausted and frustrated bride to be would do... I sat in the car and cried harder then I have ever cried before. I honestly don't know how Matt was so calm. I was devastated!! All that hard work for nothing. So we call the folks and said thats it!! Pack it in!! We are done. I didn't even care anymore.

Well its a good thing that my parents and my soon to be in-laws had a clearer head then I did. They decided that they would do WHATEVER they had to do so that i could have my canopy wedding. My dad and brother called every Lowes and Home Depot and when they didn't answer (cause they were all closed) he got a prompting to go to the Wal-Mart next to his house and there it was... the one little clippy thingy that could save my wedding. So he bought it and 0400 hrs the next day he and my mom and my in-laws went to the church and fixed my canopy thingy. And it was beautiful and a huge hit!!

Then there was the wedding which was beautiful and which i am glad that when the Bishop asked Matt "do you take this woman?" he did not answer... "im not saying that i don't" :-P

And then there was the reception. I have no idea what happened during this time cause i was playing -Who Wants to Be a Model- and posing and hugging and kissing so many people and taking so many pictures that it is just one big flash. But it was fantastic and I am so thrilled that it is over and that I have been married now 3 months. Yeah!!!

5 comments:

PookaB said...

Sooo Beeeeutiful!

i said...

Welcome to bloglandia! So happy for you to join us! I loved the canopy...glad it worked out for you!

Erinn said...

Awwwwww!!! Thats precious!!

Kul said...

Well hello strangers. We were begining to think you had dropped off the face of the Earth. Glad to see you guys are doing good. Sloths say HI and hurry back soon!
Rose

Ambi Mo said...

Thank goodness for Dad and the one little clippy thingy!!
Ps - Umm, *clears throat* you forgot to mention the wedding buffet.